Old 07-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Mike

Try asking in any hotel or catering establishment. Lots of things come in
glass jars in 'larger than household' volume. If you have ever been or get
the chance to visit a Caterers Cash and Carry, you will see that goods are
in two sections. Quantities in large volume bottles and tins for the
Caterers and cling film wrapped trays of smaller quantities such as jars

of
marmalade at 1lb for the shops, but would be 7lbs for the hotels. (Before
someone picks me up on this particular item, yes I know that preserves for
the table now come in a 'one off' sealed form, but we used 7lbs jars etc)

It would appear that 'some people' may have thought that I meant for you to
go into the Cash and Carry and buy goods in wholesale format. Not at all, I
was explaining where these larger jars and containers are used, thus go and
visit the catering establishments, FOR THEIR EMPTY ONES :-((((.

Sorry I will use smaller words and spell them out better next time.

Mike