Old 01-12-2002, 07:57 AM
Cerumen

Default frogs over winter?

"anon." wrote in message
.. My
question is, what do frogs do over winter, we never see it & sometimes

when
we clear up the leaves during or after autumn, we find the frog under a

pile
of leaves in the garden. Do we leave a pile of leaves for it to spend

winter
in? and also how old do they live to?. Any advice to help keep the frog

safe
& well is much appreciated.

They do a sort of semi-hibernation and as you know that can be in any
sheltered place such as a pile of leaves, no idea of the average life span
but certainly more than a year. They are great slug eaters as well so good
news in a garden, you are lucky to have them.
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork

Anna.