Old 07-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Daniel Finn Daniel Finn is offline
Registered User

Location: UK

Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Is this forum a multi country forum. If so thats quite cool. The ones I am on are quite divided.

Anywhoo I hope to stick around and I will be more than happy to help anyone who is stuck. I'm not a newbie to the pond game as this new ponds will be my 4th pond project and I want to build it as big as I can as I always see the bigger the better, Easier to get ecological balance etc.

I am steering towards the fishmate compact 8w UV and bio/ mech filter and a fishmate pump of about 1500 litre/ hour.

I would love to do something like running my current 600lph pump into my ecocell 2200 filter but use a spray bar to aerate the water or maybe use a ventur into the filter but this might cause too much movement. I would then use the ecocell as a secondary filter but use better filter media like some nice brushes and some flocor type stuff.

I could then run the fishmate pump and filter as the main filtration system with additional air stones.

Does anyone know what filter media the fishmate gravity fed compact filter uses? I cant really tell from the pictures.

Thanks,

Daniel
Obsessive ponder,

Happy Ponding fellow ponders