Old 08-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Ross Vandegrift

On 2005-08-08, wrote:
One thing I'm wondering is how much lighting I'm going to need for such
a tall tank. I'm thinking of using MH pendant lights, but I'm not sure
how many or how many watts (e.g., 3 bulbs @ 175 watts each). Any
suggestions?

Hi Bob,

I have a 22" tall 40 gallong tank. The volume is substantially less,
but the height is similar. I have a self-made light on it that uses two
standard 55watt CF bulbs from the one-and-only ahsupply.com. It's
fantastic! The light saturation through the tank is goregous and has no
problems reaching the bottom of the tank.

Just guessing, the tank is probably twice as long as mine, and close to
18" wide too. If I'm close, you could easily fit four of the 55W bulbs
over it and have a similar setup. And from what I've seen of MH
lighting, you could save some money.

--
Ross Vandegrift

man in the bonds of Hell."