Old 08-08-2005, 05:36 AM
David Ross

John McGaw wrote:

I remember that someone mentioned mixing a surfactant with Roundup was
mandatory if it was to have any chance of working on English ivy. I've
been looking for a product that fits the bill but everything I've found
seems to come only in huge agricultural-sized containers. Have any of
you found something in more home garden-friendly size that works?

My online research suggests that these products are suitable for
enhancing the killing capacity of Roundup on difficult plants:

Cayuse Plus (surfactant + AMS)
Chaser (surfactant + 28% N)
Dispatch (surfactant + 28% N)
Patrol (surfactant + 28% N)

Any experience with them on English ivy?

I use the same kind of liquid soap that my wife uses to wash
dishes. I add a large squirt to each mix of spray.

Note that, if you do this with Roundup, you must give the sprayer
at least one extra rinse with plain water before putting it away or
using it with any other spray.

--

David E. Ross
URL:http://www.rossde.com/