Old 08-08-2005, 12:53 PM
G Burton

The wind made a difference, and it appears that you were absolutely
right. In 12 min of sprinkling, I collected .132" at the bad spot and .305"
in the good spot.

Several of the bad spots are about 3 ft from a 12 ft spray nozzle, which
makes me suspect overspraying. I just measured my pressure, and got 62 psi
upstream of the solenoids. I set the pressure high because I have 16
sprinklers each in 2 of my sections. It would be very difficult to add more
sections.

I am using the better Rainbird sprinklers -- not the Home Depot version.
What would be the best approach?

a. Reduce the pressure? If so, what to?
b. Change the sprinkler nozzles? If so, what to?
c. Something else.

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 13:09:59 -0700, "G Burton"
wrote:

I've checked that, and I am within spec. In fact, the problem is just
few feet from the head.

Once more....you have problem with uniformity. After hundreds of
homeowners consultations over 20 years I'm stilling willing to bet you
have a coverage and not a soil problem!!! Put some tuna cans out in
brown and green spots, run your irrigation for 5 minutes and measure
depth then report back!
Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a
pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold