Old 08-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Starting to sound like a conspiracy.

Maybe the pigs are them masterminds behind it all?

"SVTKate" wrote in message
ink.net...
My bet is that another critter is doing the peeling and the finches are
cleaning up afterward.
Deer, squirrels or coons likely doing the peeling, look for tracks.

Kate
OH, and a feeder for the finches might work ;ŹD

"Gravelle" wrote in message
. ..
: My parents haven't quite figured that out yet!! But they see them
flying
in
: and out of the rows of corn all the time, so most likely they are the
: culprits! At first they thought it was the raccoons eating it, but the
: 'coons pull down the stocks when they eat the corn. As the corn is
still
: standing, it's not the 'coons.
:
: Carol
:
: "Travis" wrote in message
: news:kc8Je.478$1S.20@trnddc04...
: Gravelle wrote:
: My parents are having problems with both the golden finches and
: purple finches eating the sweet corn they have growing in their
: garden. What can be done to keep them from doing this?
:
: How do those little birds peel back the husks?
:
: --
:
: Travis in Shoreline (just North of Seattle) Washington
: USDA Zone 8
: Sunset Zone 5
:
: