Old 08-08-2005, 02:13 PM
JB

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:10:21 +0200, martin wrote:

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 23:19:28 GMT, "H Ryder"
wrote:

I assume you are talking about actual preserving jars, rather than jam
jars. You can get them from Lakeland Limited:
www.lakelandlimited.co.uk

thank you everyone for the advice . Are these okay to boil? I was a bit
concerned that the rubber rings might melt or something - I'm sure this is a
stupid question but I wasn't sure if these jars with rings were actually
intended for preserving or were just for show IYSWIM

Don't you boil with the lids open/off?

I don't boil them but wash through, and then rinse off with boiling
water from the kettle. I then place in a warm oven to thoroughly dry.
The rubber rings I remove before placing in the oven but now you've
got me curious as to whether that's necessary