Old 08-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "andrewpreece" contains these words:
"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Trevor Appleton wrote:

Here we are in one of the driest parts of the country with only 16

inches of
rain in the 50 weeks up to two weeks ago, and our new ( 2 month old) oak
table and chairs are black with mould.

Neat bleach works. Wear old clothes, keep pets and people away, and paint
every inch
with neat bleach. You may have to apply more than one coat. Best not to
apply in direct
sunlight as it dries the bleach out too quicky.

Only use the plain hypochlorite ones - some of them have added caustic soda.

I'd suggest copper sulphate solution.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/