Old 08-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Lol

"Spider" wrote in message
-snip-

Welcome to the wonderful world of gardening, and to this group.

thank-you

As has been suggested, do talk to your wife ..

one does not talk to my wife - one listens intently (and interestedly) :-)

Your neighbour's plants may be more established .. more well fed ..

What should I feed them on please ?
(the plants, not the neighbours) :-0

Before digging or planting, ask your wife if she has bulbs (hidden
underground!!) in that area. This way you'll avoid damaging these latent
plants, and marital bliss will be assured. Similarly, if your wife has
always ruled the garden, it would be considerate (*essential*) to discuss
allocation of jobs, intended plantings and so on.
A lady friend of mine is always struck with terror when her husband goes
into the garden. Fortunately, she is not struck dumb .. he now knows his
place!

Unfortunately one of my earlier posts has disappeared - it explained that my
wife has no gardening ambitions beyond having a newly mown lawn to sunbathe
on, under well trimmed hedges that do not shade the sun and to smell sweet
fragrances (not normally associated with dandelions) - so have no concerns
for my safety :-)

Oh yes .. do buy your own tools, especially hand tools, and make sure
they're comfortable and safe to use.

Spider

many thanks - :-)

Lol