Old 08-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes
On 8/8/05 17:19, in article
, "Lol"
wrote:
snip

I quite like cooking, and one of the things I am going to read up on is
'herbs' - it would be nice to have my own grown source for Mint, Sage,
Coriander etc

It's lovely to have your own herbs. They need (mostly) to be grown in full
sun and to have their roots kept dry, so wet ground that holds onto moisture
isn't a good thing for herbs. Mint is a thug of a plant and is best grown
in a container so that it can't take over the whole of the rest of your herb
garden.

Mint is one of the exceptions that wants it a bit moister. Also parsley
and chives

Basil won't survive our winters, so you need to regrow it each year. Can
be done from seed, but easier to buy a supermarket tub, the sort which
is still growing, and split it.

--
Kay