Old 08-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Kay

In article , hillier
writes
I am lifting potatoes (grown in tubs) and would like to know the best way to
store them, as I put them in potato sacks last year and a lot turned green.

They turn green because light has got to them. Put them back in a dark
place, and they go back white/yellow again.

Also some which I have picked have scabs on, can I use/store these?

You can certainly use them.

One more
question, if I don't want to lift them all, how long can I leave them in the
tubs please?

They're designed to last all winter, but the longer you leave them in
the ground, the more likely the slugs are to find them. But if they're
in tubs, you could just lift the whole tub and store it in a cool slug-
free place. But there are more space-efficient methods of storing them.

--
Kay