Old 08-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Elaine T

TR wrote:
I have recently acquired a used 55g acrylic aquarium. Based on the info in
the FAQ, I'm thinking a 2x96 or 4x65 watt fixture would be sufficient for
what I need. the tank is approx. 48" x 12" x 20" High. Should I get a 36"
lamp or a 48"? Any special considerations since its an acrylic tank?
I was thinking I'd like to build a simple wood valance for the top just to
hide things, so if a 36" light would work then I could do that easily.
Thanks!
Tom

I've always found that if the bulb is shorter than the tank, plants on
the edges of the tank grow toward the middle where the light is
brighter. I don't like that effect so I put 48" bulbs over 48" tanks.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__