Old 09-08-2005, 07:54 PM
John

Thanks everyone,
I saw one in a yard the other day that was probably over 20 feet tall..Was
huge! I found a site on the net which pictured a couple pretty big too but
figured it may end up being a nice big bush..We plan to put some other trees
out there too and good to hear they are deer proof..That is important as
they are out in the Bastrop pines..Lots of deer out there! :-)

Thanks!
John

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
ink.net...
Cindy wrote:

Mine is about the same age and size. I've started trimming the ends
of branches, which become long and pendulous, to keep it in bounds, and
need to remove some watersprouts.
They're not tall enough for shade, and anyway when it gets really hot
in late summer and fall, the leaves start dropping, even if you water a
lot.
But in spring, mine is BEAUTIFUL and bright green, and when it blooms
in a flush in spring and then sporadically through the summer,
hummingbirds and bees LOVE it, and so do I!
My son and husband with bad allergies, however, hate it and won't mow
near it because it makes them itch so bad.

Cindy

VItex is also deer proof. Crush a leaf and smell it and you'll see why.

Gary Brady