Old 09-08-2005, 05:14 PM
AL

Revisiting my Madagascar palm-which I have been treating like a cactus
Noted some dark brown or black at ends oof a couple fons-also a frond
will turn yellow and fall off-not ver often-once every 2 weeks or so

The problem I have is that when I bought this plant it was in a closd
container-no drainage and tiny rocklike bits aaround the base--when I
inquired the person I bought it from sai to water once a month with one
cup of water and it's in the north window very little direct light

It's done very well-doubled size good dark green fronds--the problem is
should I transplant it-leave it alone-I was told there were "peanuts"
in the bottom of the pot to absorb the water-I read reently to water
more often so I increased to evey two weeks during the summer-but am
afraid of overwatering-my moisturemeter reads 3-5 dryto moist and says
to water at 3--not sure what to do --any ideas?? al