Old 09-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Marc

I had/have the same problem with English Ivy, Creeping Euonymus along with
some poison ivy. I called the people at Round up because my first of
several applications did nothing. They had me combine Brush be gone, Round
up (the really concentrated stuff) and some dish soap. Took a while and a
couple of extra spot treatments but it worked.

Marc

"Rolling Thunder" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:49:46 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

I remember that someone mentioned mixing a surfactant with Roundup was
mandatory if it was to have any chance of working on English ivy. I've
been looking for a product that fits the bill but everything I've found
seems to come only in huge agricultural-sized containers. Have any of
you found something in more home garden-friendly size that works?

My online research suggests that these products are suitable for
enhancing the killing capacity of Roundup on difficult plants:

Cayuse Plus (surfactant + AMS)
Chaser (surfactant + 28% N)
Dispatch (surfactant + 28% N)
Patrol (surfactant + 28% N)

Any experience with them on English ivy?

Try using liquid dish soap, about 1 oz per gallon. Should work plenty
good.

Thunder