Old 09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
June Hughes

In message , Kay
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes

(Gardeners here have said the roots are very invasive and suggested I use an
old washing-machine drum if planting out in the garden.)

Has anyone said that the roots are invasive? I thought the washing
machine drum advice was because a fig tree with free root run tends to
produce leaves at the expense of fruit, not because the roots were
particularly invasive.

Sorry - Apols. It wasn't the roots. It was the whole tree.

14.11.04 and 15.11..04

I pasted in the posts then removed them in case anyone I upset anyone by
quoting them. It is easy to look them up on Google.

I made a mistake in not looking up the posts before posting but they
seem very positive about the tree spreading.

I took the advice. Mine is still in its pot. As already stated, my
neighbour's tree is freely planted in the garden (against a fence) and
bears a lot of fruit.

--
June Hughes