Old 09-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Phil L

latebloomer wrote:
:: Hello to All,
::
:: Firstly I apologise, first post and I'm asking for advice already.....
::
:: I have a very small plot of earth at the front of the house about 3m x
:: 2m which faces North East and due to walls etc gets very little direct
:: sunlight.
::
:: Any advice what would grow well in low light?? We wanted to plant
:: miniature conifers with a mix of heathers but I have just read that
:: heather likes lots of sunlight. Would heather stand any chance in low
:: light, we just loved the almost luminous colours and texture etc of the
:: heather.
::
:: Thanks for any help you can offer.

All the heathers we had planted in a sunny position shrivelled up and died,
I managed to salvage a few small pieces and planted them in total shade
along with a few ferns and they are thriving, one or two fuschias along the
same border grow OK too (but not fantastic), they do get flowers on them
though and they are all below a North facing fence, meaning they get
sunlight for about 20 minutes per day in high summer when the sun is
setting.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.