Old 10-08-2005, 12:43 AM
John Savage

"peter" writes:
"SG1" wrote in message
news
Equal parts prime mince & snail bait (powdered) NOT the pet friendly one
the one with the warning. Use only at your place.

Surely your not serious..That is just wrong. pete

There was a short item, I think on ABC "landline" that some organization
(I'll credit the CSIRO in the absence of information to the contrary) has
developed a poison bait that is specific for feral cats. It's in a tablet
form that you poke into a lump of meat, and the cat's method of eating
leads to its swallowing the tablet along with a morsel of meat. But they
said that all our native carnivores eat more delicately, nibbling at the
meat around the tablet but leaving the tablet uneaten. I'd reckon that
quolls would be most at risk of something like this.

No mention was made of Tassie Devils, but I bet they don't bat an eyelid
if they find a tablet in something they're tucking into!