Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Pachypodium is a stem succulent genus in the "Periwinkle" family,
Apocynaceae from Madagascar, not a cactus or a palm.

You should water your plant thoroughly when you do and the pot must have
drainage holes in the bottom. The soil should be dry between waterings. A
moisture meter really isn't necessary.

The general cactus & succulent plant care provided here will work for your
plant.

http://www.cactus-mall.com/clubs/faq.html

Here are some Pachypodium websites for more info.

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...chypodium.html

http://www.pachypodium.it/

http://www.pachypodium.org/

"AL" wrote in message
ups.com...
Am I assuming correctly this is a cactus and not a palm as many have
told me?
My misconceptions cactus a

need little water (once a month)-bright light but not direct

I think what's confusing me most is that this Mad Palm came in a
drainless pot-I have another cactus-telescope I believe that is in a
conventional pot that drains-so I waer once a month until water comes
thru then let finish draining and place back under window --also should
I rely on thes moisture meter as to when to water-it seems to be
agreeing with the way I water all my other plants?? thanks