Old 09-08-2005, 10:38 PM
William Wagner

In article .com,
wrote:

Hi, I have access to a large bed of Paeonies that have not been touched
for years , I need to fill up some beds elsewhere in the garden and
need some advice on division and success rate .
My plan of attack would be with a mattock ,as the ground is extremely
hard,possibly halving them and then replanting in november, Any advice
would be appreciated.
Mike.

Attack and be ruthless. Dip in bleach if so inclined (Iris bore may
not be relevant.) but plant the pieces in a prepared location. A hole
will do. They will thank you for it. Line up the task and do it in a
reasonably prompt manner.

Bill

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA in a Japanese Jungle Manner.39.6376 -75.0208