Old 09-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Jean

Vox Humana wrote:

I'm in SW Ohio and it has been VERY dry and hot here. My ostrich ferns have
virtually disappeared, even with regular watering. They tend to do this
each year and come back in the spring bigger than ever.

I'm in Northeast OH. It's VERY dry and hot here too. My ferns and even a
few hostas (Francis Williams) disappeared right after they came up. Of
course, they're planted in a spot where it's difficult to water, but
they did get some. My Annabelle Hydrangia is always beautiful, but it
too is suffering. I can't even get the plumbago to bloom much.

Maybe it rained three times since spring. Maybe. Only one was a good soak.

It's good weather for camping and baseball though.

Jean