Old 10-08-2005, 02:41 AM
Sallyrat&Sweetie

Default cacti leaning

Hi everyone:

I tried searching archives first but with no luck.

My cacti lean AWAY from the window in the house. Most windows face south
but it is pretty shaded by a city maple. If it was only one, I wouldn't ask
about it but I have lost a few that started out this way. I recently lost
a saguaro that just went mushy and died ( yes, I have saguaros that I
started from seed).

I am most concerned about my oldest saguaro which is almost ten years old
( it is only about 6 inches tall). I am wondering that maybe they need
deeper pots but other people I know have larger cacti, smaller pots and less
or the same light conditions. Depending on the season, I water anywhere
from every two weeks to monthly and fertilize lightly maybe twice a year at
the most. I thought about putting them outside this year but it didn't
happen and its too late to start now anyway.

I have about 10 different types and I don't know the names. Pretty basic
stuff mostly( except the saguaros. Can you tell I'm proud of them? :-).
I'll learn the names some day.

Thanks
Sally ( in Zone 5a or b depending on which map you look at)