Old 10-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Doyley

Amy Lou wrote:

Our cat often brings a rabbit, mouse or bird to the door but never a chook.
She often wanders around with the chooks but we have never had chicks.

Amy Lou,

Rabbit... OK; mouse... OK (as long as they aren't the native ones - can
you tell?); but how can you so nonchalantly mention your cat regularly
killing birds? Has it ever occurred to you the damage it may be doing to
local native wildlife??

Maybe I'm naive, but I just can't understand people allowing their pets
to wander around doing what comes naturally - ie hunting. I don't like
cats, but I don't blame them. It's their owners, who to me seem either
very unaware or very selfish.

Mark.