Old 10-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Jim Lewis

John Dhom wrote:
Anyone have Michael Persiano's latest recipe?

I'm sure that Michael does, and since it's his, it probably
is better that he give it out than us -- assuming we had it.
And I don't. :-) You can Google for his website, then
ask him.

What about commercially available organic fert cakes? Something I can pick
up locally.

Can you explain why you want to use cakes? All they really
seem to do is get fuzzy, then turn black and ugly on top of
your soil -- which you then have to clean off before the
next show, or winter, whatever comes first. And you have NO
control over the rate of application to the tree at any one
time.

If you want to do organic, that's probably laudable, but
liquid fish emulsion/seaweed fertilizers get the food to the
tree a tad sooner. Remember though, they have very few
micronutrients.

If you simply want to feed your tree, one of the balanced
garden shop fertilizers (Peters, Miracle Grow, etc.) give
them the NPK-plus that they need. And that's all they want.

Check our archives (available via the URL below). I've gone
though this in excruciating detail in the last couple of weeks.

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++