Old 10-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Doug Kanter

In addition to getting answers here, you might also want to check
www.consumerreports.com, or hit the library and check back issues for their
latest review. For something like four or seven bucks, you can buy a month's
worth of access to the web site and print as many reviews as you want.

"John McDougald" wrote in message
OK, finally got permission from the wife to buy a new gas trimmer. I am
looking at the Troy Built models and was wondering what the difference is
between the 4 cycle and 2 cycle types other than the gas/oil mixture
factor.
Is there any significant increase in power between the two types? Which
one
is better power wise, the 2cycle has a 31cc engine and the 4cycle has a
26cc
engine. Is there any advantage of one over the other?
Thanks for the input. I really just want to get the best item for the
money.

John T McD.

--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand
ready to do violence on their behalf.......G.Orwell