Old 10-08-2005, 10:31 AM

my kitty catches only rabbits that I ever see. I don't think he is
really interested in birds, and there aren't any native species within a
kilometre or 2 from the house. He does have a pair of honey eaters
that follow him around all day squarking. You know when the cat is
coming as the birds are not far away. And I saw him trying to catch a
willy-wagtail and he came off second best and won't go near them now.
When he wanders past the chooks they freak a bit. I guess as he is
ginger he looks a bit like a little fox. Well he weighs 6kg so not that
little.

Darren

Stephen Oakes wrote:
"Rod Out Back" wrote...

Maybe I'm naive, but I just can't understand people allowing their pets
to wander around doing what comes naturally - ie hunting. I don't like
cats, but I don't blame them. It's their owners, who to me seem either
very unaware or very selfish.

I agree whole-heartedly.

Me too.

I am happy to keep our cat very fat, but I bet he still catches wildlife
sometimes.

--
Stephen Oakes