Old 10-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Check out the cactus mall for virtually everything and anything relating to
cactus & succulents.

http://www.cactus-mall.com/

Maybe your plants are getting sunburned?

Saguaro make awful houseplants. They are much too slow growing and too
temperamental for growing indoors.

There are hundreds of others that are much better suited to your conditions.

If you were really proud of them, you would have learned their proper names
long ago.

"Sallyrat&Sweetie" wrote in message
.. .
Hi everyone:

I tried searching archives first but with no luck.

My cacti lean AWAY from the window in the house. Most windows face south
but it is pretty shaded by a city maple. If it was only one, I wouldn't
ask about it but I have lost a few that started out this way. I recently
lost a saguaro that just went mushy and died ( yes, I have saguaros that I
started from seed).

I am most concerned about my oldest saguaro which is almost ten years old
( it is only about 6 inches tall). I am wondering that maybe they need
deeper pots but other people I know have larger cacti, smaller pots and
less or the same light conditions. Depending on the season, I water
anywhere from every two weeks to monthly and fertilize lightly maybe twice
a year at the most. I thought about putting them outside this year but it
didn't happen and its too late to start now anyway.

I have about 10 different types and I don't know the names. Pretty basic
stuff mostly( except the saguaros. Can you tell I'm proud of them? :-).
I'll learn the names some day.

Thanks
Sally ( in Zone 5a or b depending on which map you look at)