Old 10-08-2005, 02:27 PM
John McDougald

Default Question about Gas Engine Trimmers

OK, finally got permission from the wife to buy a new gas trimmer. I am
looking at the Troy Built models and was wondering what the difference is
between the 4 cycle and 2 cycle types other than the gas/oil mixture factor.
Is there any significant increase in power between the two types? Which one
is better power wise, the 2cycle has a 31cc engine and the 4cycle has a 26cc
engine. Is there any advantage of one over the other?
Thanks for the input. I really just want to get the best item for the
money.

John T McD.

--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand
ready to do violence on their behalf.......G.Orwell