Old 10-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Sacha

On 10/8/05 10:59, in article ,
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:
On 9/8/05 20:26, in article
,
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote:
The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

I don't pretend to know the answer to this but some people swear
that figs
do best if their roots are restricted......of course, they also
swear that
you should bury a dead donkey underneath them!

That's a grape vine.

Which may be why our fig tree is a bit of a disappointment......

I have a feeling that if you followed the dead donkey formula you'd ger
impressive growth and few if any figs for a long time.

To be honest, our fig tree is a bit of a nuisance. It's extremely vigorous
and pushes 'fingers' up between the guttering and the back of the cottage
while you look the other way for ten seconds. On its other side, it
devours the washing line! It seems to carry a fair bit of fruit but lots of
it falls off before it can ripen.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)