Old 10-08-2005, 04:40 PM
David Ross

My hibiscus plant was so magnificent this year -- hundreds of
dish-sized red blooms, but I think the show is over for the year. At
some point I'm sure I'm supposed to cut it back. When? I need help!

Thanks.

If you have a tropical hibiscus, don't cut it back until spring.
You don't want any tender new growth on the bush when winter
comes.

If you have blue hibiscus or other hardy mallow, do some "summer
pruning" now. This is a light trimming, which may promote further
flowering.

--

David E. Ross
URL:http://www.rossde.com/