Old 10-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Vox Humana

"Jenny" wrote in message

The small Rose of Sharon I planted last year has no buds at all. My
neighbors' are all in bloom.

It has healthy foliage which broke dormancy at the right time.

Is this possibly because it is still young, or could it be that
something ate the buds off last fall? I have an occasional deer problem.

--Jenny

I have some that I planted 4 years ago that are blooming for the first time
this year. Mine were planted in very dry, shady areas. I put one in a
sunny spot that year and it bloomed the next year and is much bigger than
the others. It self-seeded itself, and the seedlings have not bloom yet.
So, I think the short answer is, "yes." They are too young.