Old 10-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Puckdropper

GK wrote in
:

My tomatoes have finally started to ripen. Some have turned uniformly
red, but many turn red up to the crown where spots of green remain.
Also, the tomato splits deeply, fanning out from the stem. The taste
is fine. I simply cut off the top of the tomato.

Any idea why this happened? Our summer has been *unusually* dry, and
I've been watering once a day for about 1/2 hour using a soaker hose.

Too much water? How much water do your plants get per week?

Puckdropper

--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.