Old 10-08-2005, 11:18 PM
SteveF

Are you building this on a concrete pad or on concrete blocks on top of a
concrete footer?

If on a pad, when you pour the pad you insert L-shaped anchor bolts to which
the sill is bolted. If on blocks you need to insert some L-shaped rebar
long enough to go from the footer up through however many blocks. Once the
block work is done you need to wire the L-shaped anchor bolts to the rebar
and fill the core with concrete.

The anchor bolts and rebar are in the concrete section at Home Depot or
Lowe's. Another option is to use mobile home anchors that you can buy
from a mobile home supply store, I think there is one in Garner.

Steve.

"USENET NEWSREADER" wrote in message
k.net...
I am building a shed in my backyard and want to build it to code, and I
need to have some tie downs for it at each corner.

I could use some mobile home straps that get sunk into the ground, but I
sort of prefer to use something like Simpson Strong tie down threaded
bolts dirrectly into the concrete pad and then up through some concrete
block and them bolt down the sill plates to the rods, but no one in
Raleigh NC seems to know about them.

DOes anyone know if you can use regular threaded rods available in
hardware stores for the same purpose?

I was also thinking that I could use some kind of steel or iron pipe - 3/4
or 1" size - down through the block, but that is kinda complicated to do.

ANy suggestions on where I can buy this stuff around Raleigh, NC? Reply to
the newsgroup - thanks!