Old 10-08-2005, 11:05 PM
chris

Default Brown/Green spots and White fuzz

Hi everyone,

I have a 33g tank with some mopani wood as a centerpiece. I have
noticed some white fuzz growing on certain parts of it. I have checked
my ammonia and nitrite levels and they are both zero. I don't have a
test kit for nitrate. I also have noticed a small amount of brown and
green algae looking stuff growing on the wood as well as one small spot
on the glass. Is this actually algae or something else? I don't think
the white fuzz is related to the brown/green algae, but am looking for
any insight into what these are. Thanks!

Chris