Old 02-12-2002, 10:50 PM
Michael Berridge

Default What's in bloom?

Janet Baraclough wrote in message
I gave up on mine because the berries were so sparse in the years
after it left the company of others in the garden centre, and I

wondered
if it needed them for fertilisation. Is yours self-fertile, or are

there
others nearby?

Janet.

Its totally on its own, no idea of the exact variety as it was bought at
an end of show sale at the Gateshead Garden festival. The first few
years it didn't do much, but the last few, and I suspect that the warm
winters and lack of frost have something to do with this, it is
absolutely covered in berries. Everyone who sees it remarks on it. It is
about 5' from the back door and certainly brightens up the outlook from
the kitchen.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk