Old 11-08-2005, 08:58 AM
David Rance

In message ,
mutley writes

I have a 3y.o. outdoor grape vine, Chardonnay on a 3309 american rootstock.

It grew vigorously in Spring but then stopped, now many of its leaves are
turning yellow and a few at the base are dropping off. I would expect this
to happen in late September/October, but the other two outdoor vines I have
are still very green and they are 6-10 feet away from the Chard.

Any ideas?

Are the leaves a uniform yellow or are they blotchy and beginning to
look as though they are scorched?

If the former then it could be lack of water (though this isn't normally
a problem with an established vine) and/or lack of trace elements. Three
years old is barely established.

If the latter then you have a mildew problem.

David

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Le Mesnil Villement, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Calvados, France |