Old 11-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Doug Kanter

"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
In article says...
Remember not to plant edibles in that soil, unless you like mysteries.

I considered moving my hot peppers into that box next year. Luckily I
caught this and now that box will be wildflowers for the next few years
at least. I'm starting to worry if perhaps some of that dirt made it
into my tomato planters since a couple of my tomato plants look like
shit this year even though they're producing healthy fruit.

Could be the chemical, or it could also be that the soil needs beefing up.
Buy yourself a soil test kit - one that checks not just pH, but also
nutrients. Even so, always assume that yard chemicals (or obviously,
cleaning products) are UNsafe until proven otherwise. Since that's
impossible to prove without testing them on humans, it's safe to assume that
they're UNsafe. :-)