Old 11-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article .com,
writes:

| Oh, thats all a bit of a downer. Trees cost such a lot to buy,
| I must be able to do something with them.

You can, but it's not really worth it. Trees don't cost much
if you buy them small, which is better anyway. What sort of a
tree do you want - we can almost certainly recommend some that
grow from seed.

| Still, I've already got these "weeds".
| Can you prune them to keep them in check ?

Not really. They don't respond well to that, and it ruins
their shape.

| How old would they be before producing all the seeds ?

Perhaps a decade, perhaps less - and it builds up from then on.

| And I would still like to know how to move them.
| I suddenly feel a bit like a tree hugger !

That's fine, but one must temper that with realism. Birches
are nice trees, but are not rare or slow-growing in the UK!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.