Old 11-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Tumbleweed" contains these words:

That "millions" is not hyperbole, and the "everywhere" is
pretty accurate, too. The first trees to colonise Britain after
the glaciers receded were the two birches :-) And the seeds will
blow into houses through closed windows and doors.

Agreed, I am always finding the tiny little seeds indoors, almost year
round. Not sure if thats because they are produced year round (I suspect
not) or they just blow about everywhere being so small, so those that
havent
sprouted get the opportunity to be blown about more and some
eventually find
their way indoors.

I thinkk they fall on you when you're outside, and when you're inside,
some fall off your hair (if any) and clothing.

BTW I am currently also getting lots of acorns sprouting in my garden,
including the lawn, but there are no oak trees within 100 metres or
so. What
would plant acorns in the lawn? Squirrels or something else? Last year I
found a sprouting acorn in a hanging basket! But I have only ever seen one
squirrel in my garden.

Squirrels.

--
Rusty