Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 PM
p.mc

Hi spider

Maybe it is sun scorch, cause I cut back a lot of the leaves to allow
sunlight and ventilation around the plants, I might have overdone it!

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks

"Spider" wrote in message

p.mc sigadd1to wrote in message
Thanks Spidr and Jolly, that's answered my question nicely.
Any ideas on my other post (trimming toms)??

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks

"Jollygreenp" wrote in message
ups.com...
You can always freeze them as ripe tomatoes, make sure they are dry

and
just put them into a plastic bag and pop them in the freezer. When

you
come to sue them run hot tap water over them and the skins will split
and slide off. Great for making tomato sauces, soups, curries,
bolognese etc. in fact any cooking uses.

Hi pmc,

Sorry I didn't respond to your 'trimming' post. This isn't actually my
forte, but I believe it is better to pinch out the tops after only 4 or 5
trusses, as well as removing side shoots. As the toms begin to ripen, and
to help them do so, it is usual to remove some of the older (sometimes
yellowing) leaves which are shading the toms from the sunshine. I'm not

at
all sure about the yellow spotting you reported .. could it be sun-scorch
following watering?

Spider