Old 11-08-2005, 04:52 PM
TheScullster

We have one at the back of our medium size suburban garden.
Yes they tend to go out of control skyward, but:
They have a very attractive shape against the skyline.
The dappled shade they give is very pleasing.
Ours provides a good spot for a bird box.
Someone round the corner from us recently hacked one down to 6-8 ft tall.
It looked ghastly at first, but then sprouted loads of new growth which
looks more like an unkempt (sp?) hairdoo than branches, quite appealing in a
quirky sort of way and more suitable for a small front garden.

Phil