Old 11-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Tumbleweed

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

And here's another ID question - walking the dogs on Dartmoor this
afternoon
(near the Commandment Stones, for those that know the area) we saw a very
large caterpillar that was quite a bright green with pairs of yellow
spots
regularly spaced on its body. It was about 3 or 4" long and rather fat.
can't say any more than that because at that point another dog appeared
and
ours had to be restrained rather hastily!
The area is grassy with heather, gorse and a very small yellow flowered
something growing there. There are a few trees around but very few.

I can't find anything which matches the description in the Diamond
Handguide - and that covers mainland Europe too.

http://www.whatsthiscaterpillar.co.uk/ ?

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com