Old 11-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Andy Petro

You don't say where you live. Makes a big difference

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

This year I planted pumpkin, watermelon, and cucumbers.

All the plants were in the ground at the end of may and the pumpkin and
cucumber seem to be thriving although we have no pumpkins or cucumbers
yet. The watermelon is a little stunted but seems to be doing well now
and I see some flowers getting ready to bloom.

So here is is August 11th and so far no visible fruits. Is this
normal? I saw one female flower on the pumpkin and I tried to hand
polinate it and it seemed to take but then it just dried up and fell
off. I saw a bee crawling in that flower as well. It seems like all
the new buds I see are males. Is it normal to have so many male
flowers and so few female? It's been really hot lately - in the high
90's.

I usually get out and water everything in the morning with a hose so
they are all getting plenty of water.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the results I am seeing since this is
our first year trying to grow anything.

Thanks in advance,
Steve