Old 11-08-2005, 11:50 PM
James

I had to plant cukes several times because the young plants were eaten
by worms or rodents. Now several plants still haven't produced yet.
Some of my canalopes have finger nail size fruits. Only one of my 4
watermelon plants have fruits.

I don't water the watermelons or canalopes because I never see their
leaves wilt. You might try water every other day and later twice a
week. This is supposed to promote root growth. Daily watering makes
the roots lazy since they don't have to search for water. Stronger root
system will also result in faster grow and larger leaves.