Old 12-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Lol

Default Coriander

I was wandering around my local LIDLs supermarket yesterday, just topping up
a few essentials (Rioja, Chenin Blanc, Stilton (don't tell my cardiologist)
etc) - when I stumbled across a counter full of herb plants - Basil, Persil
and my fav Coriander.

In typical cavalier spirit - sparing no expense (59p mind) I grabbed a pot
of Coriander and placed it in my basket - I also grabbed a pack of something
called Rocket, which I have heard of but never (knowingly) tasted - to these
I added a Cos, some onions (red and spring) peppers etc - it is a long time
since I treated Alice - and I thought - what a nice surprise - but I digress

I have selected a nice big earthenware pot and intend planting the Coriander
in some Multi-purpose compost, and will place it in a suitable corner of the
deck. Should I select a shady corner, or will sun be better ? I imagine
something so succulent will like lots of water ?

I do recall doing something similar a long time ago - but it all went to
seed :-( - am I wasting my time - it is not about saving 59p - it is about
eating something I have grown myself.

If saving money were the issue I would grow Rocket - at 99p a bag (leaves
not plant) that is a nice little earner. Can this be done ?

I live in a very warm area of South Wales - close to the Severn - just over
the water from Weston-super-mare. We rarely get frost (snow has never
settled overnight) - and it is warm enough for shorts well into October.

any help would be much appreciated.