Old 12-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Al

An unregistered hybrid would NOT have the name

CATTLEYA NETRASIRI WAXY `Jairug` AM,

it WOULD have the parentage listed in parentheses. This vendor fails orchid
name reading/writing 101. I don't think he/she even opened the book once
during the semester. I bet the instructor can not even remember seeing them
in class.

Kultana orchids is selling hybrids made using C. Netrasiri Waxy as a parent,
as are a few others, according to the internet.

Tropic 1 Orchids is selling Lc. Netrasiri Waxy 'Jairug' [Lc. Netrasiri Doll
x C. Netrasiri Fireball]. There are discrepancies here and I think this
will be a question on the next exam.

C. Chocolate Drop is a grandparent from both sides in the Tropic 1 Lc.
hybrid making it more likely to be the correct parentage of a hybrid that my
Wildcatt Feb 2005 update says is unregistered.

You just want to know if it is hard to grow. If you are able to bloom and
flower the average cattleya hybrid, then you can probably bring this plant
into bloom. If this is the parentage a nice select clone will probably
ultimately reach about 2 feet tall and have large clusters of these flowers.

It is pretty.

"PhalGuy" wrote in message
news:1123814007.5d19638cdcaa1e08936e2be3f5c35f09@t eranews...
Here`s the answer from the vendor:

Hi
Sorry we do not have the parentage of this hybrid as it is an unregistered
hybrid.
Thanks

So, to all Catt growers, this one should not be very hard to grow? I`m
totally new to this species !

Thanks again

Claude

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
| On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:27:07 -0400, "danny"
| wrote:
|
| Just Google it. This is a meristem. It seems to be a
not-yet-registered