Old 12-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Pam Moore writes:

| AS for rocket, yes you can grow it, but I doubt you'll get leaves as
| good as the Lidl ones, which are a favourite of mine.

As with most leaf vegetables, the key to 'supermarket quality'
leaves is to grow it warm with plenty of water. A better approach
is to not worry - though watering in hot, dry weather is a good
idea, as it bolts fairly fast in such conditions.

| You can grow both from seed. Might be worth a try now as you are in a
| warm area, but better to start in Spring. Keep us posted.

Rocket is no problem. It will grow in any normal UK conditions,
including light and even moderate frost, except during the lightless
days of midwinter (when nothing will). Sow now for autumn use.

I save my own seed, and it seeds itself, but isn't a pernicious weed.

Coriander is a right b*gg*r at any time of year, and I am one of
the many people who has never grown it successfully. It needs
continual warmth, water and fairly high humidity, so is very hard
to grow well in the UK except in a controlled environment.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.