Old 12-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Anthony Stokes" wrote in message
My Albizia is still small (I grew it from seed) after 15 years it has

just
reach 12" it is very late into growth and puts on some extension most of
which is lost in winter.
Leaves are pretty though and it seems hardy enough just slow, so buying

an
imported large one may be the way to go.

I think that's 12 feet not 12 inches you mean, as my greenhouse albizia

has
grown more than 12" ( inches) since June this year.

The only flowering one I've seen is in the walled garden of the RHS at
Wisley.
It had an abundance of pink scented flowers during August last year.
So far as I can see it lives in the same spot of the walled garden all

year
round and doesn't suffer badly from branches dying off in the winter.

My seven foot high out-of-doors specimen seems very prone to the higher
leaves turning yellow and falling off in mid summer; although the soil is
generally kept moist.
Maybe some trace nutrient is in short supply.

Anthony

No sadly I meant inches, I do grow a greenhouse one which used to be Albizia
which grows like a weed but the julibrissin is desperately slow although it
is in a very dry place.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk