Old 12-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message

Coriander is a right b*gg*r at any time of year, and I am one of
the many people who has never grown it successfully. It needs
continual warmth, water and fairly high humidity, so is very hard
to grow well in the UK except in a controlled environment.

? I've grown both sorts in our last, cold garden with no problem.
Germinated in the cold GH, transplanted to open garden (very rich soil)
, plenty of the rain and humidity with which Scotland is so richly
blessed. I haven't yet got round to trying it in the much sandier more
freedraining soil here.

Has LOL bought the flat-leaf-sort (cilantro) or the seed sort? (much
finer, wispier leaves)

In any case, I think the sunny place on the deck should be reserved
for Alice.

Janet.